Re: Mac SE/30: Slink or Potato or... and ethernet card?

I'm very new at this, but I've got Potato up and running on my se30 (also
8mb ram, 250mb hd.) I'm using the 2.2.20 kernel.

You'll need the Mode32 extension to enable 32 bit addressing on the se30,
and Penguin-19 to bootstrap into linux- first to ram disk image of the
kernel for installation, then to reboot to the installed kernel and
filesystem.

Go to: <http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/

for installation docs,directions and the Penguin-19 application.
Also pointers to find the base files etc. on the Debian mirrors.

I'm very new at this, and am still trying to figure out how to configure
my system, and unfortunatly can't find/afford a PDS card or SCSI adapter
for ethernet, so I can't offer any suggestions, except to check the
supported hardware lists and/or inquire on the linux-m68k mailing list as
well. I understand a number of ethernet adapters are working with debian
m68k.
Wish I could be of more help!
Best wishes,
scb