Re: buildd chokes on configure test

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 06:24:25PM -0400, Lukas Geyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the m68k buildd failed to build sjeng_11.2-5 due to a failed configure
> test:
>
>   checking whether the C++ compiler (g++ -Wall -W -g -O2 ) works... no
>   configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create executables.

That's on purpose. This build was attempted on quickstep; as that box is
low on RAM, C++ builds take ages. Since there is no easy way to specify
what type of packages a given box may attempt to build (safe for
enumerating each and every C++-using package), I purposely broke the C++
compiler on quickstep. Of course, that results in build logs such as
these, but they don't do harm, as I (try to) make sure every C++ package
that get through quickstep is put back in the Needs-Build queue, so that
it'll be retried.

Short story: don't bother, it's not your problem ;-)

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a