Re: developer account on m68k linux system

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 10:56:15PM +0100, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> >>I could give you an account on quickstep, but it's not the
> >>fastest box in our pool. If it's going to take days, you may be
> >>more interested in running it on a different box. On the
> >>diskspace front, It's got 3.2G of available space on its own
> >>hard disk currently; and there's plenty of diskspace available
> >>on the network if required.
> >
> >Hmmm... a full "make check" takes over one hour on a fast
> >Athlon or P4 system, so I'd expect it to take days on a
> >68060 system.  Perhaps I could limit the testsuite to
> >C compile testes only to do it faster.
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I meant to say "C execution tests" of course ;-)

Hm. If you want to be sure, you'd want to run them all, no? I'd rather
changes to gcc are thoroughly tested; we've had toolchain problems in
the past, would be nice if those could be avoided as much as possible.

That said, I didn't notice at first that you sent this to
debian-m68k@l.d.o. That's more of a user list; Debian m68k porters are
at m68k-build@nocrew.org. Cc added.

m68k-build: Bernardo needs to run the gcc test suite to test some
experimental patches he did. What can we give him?

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."