Re: FW: New install on powerbook 540c

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 11:54:31AM -0500, Matt Polashek wrote:
> Ok so I have resolved the scsi problems and am now booting from an external
> hard disk.  When I launch the penguin19 booter using the 2.2 or the 2.4
> kernel and the root.bin ramdisk image and using the command line
> root=/dev/ram I get to a line that says:
> Call Trace:
>     [<000a8e6c>] [<00009ade>].....(etc...)
>
> Code: 3030 4a00 2f00 4879 0010 4ced 4e95 508f 5284 7209
> Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
> In interrupt handler - not syncing
>
> Any idea how to get past this little stumbling block?  Would this run better
> if I formatted my hard drive?  I get the feeling that the Debian installer
> will do that for me once I get it up and running right?

I seem to recall that the 540c uses a 68LC040. If I recall there are
some workarounds that can get you up and running, but I don't recall how
far they really got. Even if you get the system booted, it will be quite
unstable unless you're running with an appropriately compiled user space
(I think).

Check the archives.

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>