Re: Please Help with m68k Debian-Installer Testing

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 07:54:18AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> First, I'd like everyone to followup to debian-68k@lists.debian.org.
> That's what I'll be doing.
>
> Debian-installer is working on releasing rc2 and m68k has recently
> undergone a major reorganization (dropping build times by 2/3's).
> We now have support for amiga, atari, bvme6000, mac, mvme147, mvme16x,
> and q40/q60.
>
> Further, we're going to be releasing with 2.4.27 instead of the better-
> tested, but security-vulnerable 2.4.26.
>
> Daily ramdisk builds are at
> <http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily/>.
>
> Daily iso's are at
> <http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/m68k/current/>.
>
> The d-i home page is at <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>.
>
> The Installation Guide has also been updated, particularly chapter 5,
> please read over it and tell me what you'd like to see fixed (both in
> chapter 5 and elsewhere).
> <http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.m68k/index.html>.
>
> Minimum RAM seems to be about 24MB, although 2.4.x kernel users may get
> away with less (let me know either way).
>
> Now would be way better than later to get things fixed.
>

> CAVEATS:
> 1) 2.2.25 does support ext3, although I've had some reports that ext3
> doesn't work right on vme.

I still don't know what's really going on there. I just manually
converted an ext2 partition to ext3 on my VME box, and was able to mount
it without problems. I'll try another run tomorrow, and look more
carefully at the logs; perhaps it's not that the kernel doesn't like it,
but that something else is going wrong.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks