Re: Please requeue cernlib for stable-proposed-updates?

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 05:36:06PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > (Not sure the CT60 can address that much RAM in a single slot. If not,
> > someone would have to design a RAM expansion for the bus extender slot
> > that's still unused, with the ethernet card not ready yet).
> IIRC, the Amiga FastLance SCSI board can take up to 256 MiB of RAM.
> And since the A3000 and A4000 have 4 Zorro III slots, 1 GiB of RAM should be
> possible, assumed the type of RAM to put on the board is actually sold (usually
> they stop selling it before maximum capacity is reached ;-(.

Yes, FastlaneZ3 supported that memory config - with old 30 pins RAM modules,
iirc. I should still have the Fastlane manual somewhere.
But anyway... only one card in those 4 Zorro-slots can do ZIII DMA master.
The overall speed of ZIII expansion RAM is somewhat around 12 MB/s, which
would still a lot faster than disk access, though... ;)

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc