Re: Fwd: Debian architectures, according to popularity-contest

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 09:06:18PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 07:42:31AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> > Everytime I finally figure out a gcc bug enough to make a decent report,
> > another seems to pop up. gcc is what's killing us. gij isn't helping
> > much either.
>
> Yeah, I know. You've been putting massive amounts of work, but it seems
> endless. I wish I had more time to help, but I don't.

Me neither. :)

Sadly, I haven't been spending much time on d-i. d-i beta 3 is about out
and last time I tried it, partman was segfaulting. I think you saw that too.
I don't know if it's that pesky gcc -O2 problem or something else entirely.

Further, after beta 3 comes out we'll be dropping all 2.2 and 2.4 kernels,
which should make testing interesting. Maybe it'll be a good excuse for
me to get network-console working, since my mac doesn't do 2.6 with a
keyboard yet. It's either that or get atari ported to 2.6 so I can use
aranym.

At least there's no reason to be bored and I've certainly learned stuff
I would've never suspected.

<stephen@marenka.net>