Re: Fwd: linux-image-2.6-17-mac tries

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 10:04:14AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > the more RAM you gives to Linux the more it will like you, won't it? ;-)
> >
> > Sure, but are not we limited to about 128Mb of RAM by the plateform ?
> > This is not much by current standard.
>
> Do tell that to my Falcon/CT60. What did I buy the 512 MB RAM stick for?
> :-)))

True but does aranym allow more than 126Mb ?

> > I have still not figured you how to set up networking under linux-m68k
> > under aranym.  How does the natfeat device looks like under linux-m68k ?
>
> The natfeat ethernet device shows up as eth0. I can send you a script
> snipped to start up the tun device on the ix86 side if you need that.

Thanks for the offer, but it was the last clue I needed. Now it works
fine.

Some issues that could warrant a bug report:

--- tunctl displays
# tunctl -u ballombe
Set '' persistent and owned by uid 1000
Should not it be
Set 'tap0' persistent and owned by uid 1000
?

--- atarapif is not suid-root and I did nit find any way to enable
networking without it being suid-root.

--- ia32 iptables does not work with a 64bit kernel.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.