Re: X on Mac [Was: Re: linux-2.6.21 images for m68k libc?]

On Mon, 28 May 2007, L Moore wrote:

> On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 10:42:37AM -0700, David D. Kilzer wrote:
>

> > I recommend using a program called "keychain" to manage your ssh keys
> > while you're logged in.  There should be a Debian package for it.
> >
> Ok, thanks.

keychain is a frontend for ssh-agent, which is part of net/openssh-client
but it isn't ported to OS 9 -- probably because mac os 9 already has one.

If your private key is encrypted, perhaps macssh can use the OS 9 keychain
for the passphrase? If not, you don't have to use public key auth at all,
just use password auth and MacSSH will simply save your password on the OS
9 keychain so you get passwordless login anyway.

-f