Re: status of Q950

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Riccardo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Your email is archived in the list archives, and it does appear to be
> > the same bug. I gather that you tested vmlinuz-2.6.29-1-11 at the
> > time.
> >
> > I don't know which version you are using at present, but the latest
> > deb is probably this one (?)
> > http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/pool-m68k/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-image-2.6.29-2-mac_2.6.29-5_m68k.deb
> > which is dated 19th May, so it seems to be older than the bug fix.
> >
> > 2.6.30 appears to have the necessary patches. If you want to test the
> > current mainline kernel, I can build one for you.
>
> I'm running this version:
> http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/m68k/images/daily/kernels/
>
> downloaded the 3rd of may. It is the same version I used on the Q950.
> The file seemed a new build, but still from the 2.6.29 series.
>
> Is there another up-to date repository?

Not that I know of.

> Or were the patches backported perhaps?

It would appear not.

I've built the latest mainline kernel with gcc-4.4.1 and uploaded them
at http://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/linux-2.6.31/

That should fix the ethernet problem, but mac_scsi viability is anyone's
guess. In the past it failed in different ways on the machines that I
tested, but hopefully it will work on your IIfx.

Finn