Re: Linux 3.1-2-m68k config

Finn Thain dixit:

>CONFIG_ADB_MACIISI is disabled in -multi due to crashing bugs. Debian
>might want to do the same (until I get a chance to fix it). The serial

OK, thanks.

>Below is the same list after sort -k4 -k5 -k2. Note that some modules in
>-multi are disabled in the Debian config. That may or may not help you

Some do, yes.

>! CONFIG_DEFAULT_IOSCHED                   : "noop" "cfq"

size

>! CONFIG_FAT_DEFAULT_IOCHARSET             : "utf8" "iso8859-1"
>! CONFIG_NLS_DEFAULT                       : "utf8" "iso8859-1"

by design

>! CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_CLUT224                : . y
>! CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_MONO                   : . y
>! CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_VGA16                  : . y
>! CONFIG_LOGO_MAC_CLUT224                  : . y

I never liked those boot logos tbh, and Debian disables them too.

>! CONFIG_ROOT_NFS                          : . y

by design (we use initrd)

>! CONFIG_SUN3LANCE                         : . y
>! CONFIG_SUN3X_ESP                         : . y

I think Sun3 support can’t coexist with the others, or at
least I’ve read about it. Anyway, I didn’t even enable all
platforms in the Debian kernel.

But if you think I should change any more than the three
already listed (fpu, brk, CONFIG_ADB_MACIISI) please say
so. (Though the bit about users triggering things is also
true.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<diogenese> Beware of ritual lest you forget the meaning behind it.
<igli> yeah but it means if you really care about something, don't