Re: m68k FPU emulation: Unimplemented instruction

Ingo Jürgensmann dixit:

> echo line to know which module is currently compiled) you might find the module
> in question that generates that FPU error and investigate further then.

It’s not an error. Python (rightfully) runs some FPU instruction,
it just happens to be one the FPU emulator lacks, because it’s
incomplete.

Maybe we can have a GCC -m* flag that tells it to not emit those
instructions? (Maybe call library functions then or something.)

Context: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.ports.68k/11869

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz dixit:

>now and this is the first time I encountered this problem. Please don't
>see this as an incentive to disable math emulation 3.12!

No, I just had them enable it… I’ll leave it, but “proceed at
your own risk”.

Britt Dodd dixit:

>I think at least some of us depend heavily on FPU emulation to get Debian
>running on 68k

Sure, just remember that not everything is implemented. So the
big scary warning in Kconfig was not entirely wrong…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
In traditional syntax ' is ignored, but in c99 everything between two ' is
handled as character constant.  Therefore you cannot use ' in a preproces-