Re: stack smashing detected

Hi,

On 31.1.2023 5.05, Michael Schmitz wrote:
That's a lot of work on a 030 Mac - have you tried to reproduce this on any kind of emulator?

I suppose one difference between your 030 and 040 Macs might be the amount of RAM available. I wonder if this bug results from a combination of 030 MMU and memory pressure, or 030 MMU only.

As to emulation... 030 and 040 MMUs differ a lot.

E.g. Aranym emulates only the (simpler) 040 MMU, and does not emulate CPU cache. Qemu does not have any cache emulation either.

WinAUE (and Hatari & Previous) emulate both 030 MMU and CPU cache.

Using Hatari with Linux is documented here: https://hatari.tuxfamily.org/doc/m68k-linux.txt

AFAIK 030 MMU + cache emulation works well enough in WinUAE (Amiga emulator) to run Linux kernel + user-space, but with Hatari (Atari emulator), you need to disable cache emulation to have working user-space with m68k linux.

	- Eero