Re: Getting back in the saddle - Mac LC475

On 3/7/2023 2:39 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Hi Scortt!

You can also install Debian/m68k from CD:

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2022-03-28/

Oh, neat. I'll give this a look. It's an already-installed system but reinstalling might be easier I guess. Might be a good source for newer packages if nothing else.

Not sure whether I can follow: PearPC running on m68k?

Adrian

Yep, I compiled PearPC for m68k and it runs fine, for certain values of fine. Takes literally a couple days to boot, but I might be the only one to have ever successfully booted OS X on a 68k Mac (albeit in emulation). I have a page I wrote up about it last time I did it at http://iamscott.net/68kosx/ . Hoping to recreate it again, maybe tweak things to do something more interesting.

Scott H.