Re: Tuple and changes for m68k with -malign-int

On Mon, 2023-08-28 at 15:17 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Aug 28 2023, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>
> > The FP failures are most likely the result of the limitations of the FPU emulation
> > in QEMU for m68k. ARAnyM is known to have much better FPU emulation support than
> > QEMU, so if you want to have more accurate results, you should test on ARAnyM.
>
> No, you should test on real hardware.  Neither ARAnyM nor QEMU comes
> close.

In an ideal world, I would be testing on real hardware, yes. Unfortunately, even on
my Amiga 4000 with 68060/50 MHz the testsuite would run two weeks or so.

> > After all, we had to change the ABI for TLS support as well, didn't
> > we?
>
> Nope.

So, any binaries from Debian Potato will still work against glibc 2.38 on m68k?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer