Re: Training about how to use Moodle

On 01/08/2022 22:02, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
However I think it is a good idea to start the Debian Academy with a training about how to use Moodle. I can adapt and translate to English some of the materials, and the training is going to be interactive (live) anyway, so it is easy to answer any questions from the participants and to clarify any things that they don't understand.
I agree. This is definitely the course we should start with. I have a live in person course developed for my users and would like to develop an online version of it. There are free also Moodle Academy courses: https://moodle.academy/course/index.php?categoryid=2
I would propose this schedule (feel free to make any suggestions):
- At most until mid September, I develop the syllabus of the course and maybe some materials. (Anyone who wants to collaborate on this is wellcome.)
- During September we send notifications and invitations to the DD community and allow them to register on the course.
- During October we run the course, for about 4-5 weeks, and about 60-90 min online meeting each week. I usually prefer Saturday evenings, but we can discuss and find the most suitable time for the majority of the participants.
- Optionally, we may also offer a certificate of participation to those who finish the course successfully. (By the way, I would prefer to use verifiable credentials for issuing such digital certificates, but I am not sure whether we can do it.)

For me this timeline does not work. September and October are my busiest time of the year—start of the academic year.

As for certificates, I think badges are the best way to go.

Regards,
Mitja