Re: About the concept of Debian Accademy

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 9:21 AM Mitja Podreka <mitja@kitaj.net> wrote:
I agree with Dashamir. Course topics should not be limited. I don't think we need to worry about having too many courses. Course creators are volunteers and, at least in the beginning, they must have free choice of topic. If course creators will be happy with the platform we can then hope they will join us developing courses on Debian development. What we can do is to use Moodle's options to highlight the courses we deem are the 'important' ones, and prioritise our work/support on these.

Thanks for your support Mitja.
There is no point in setting restrictions, and there is no need, if there is nothing to be restricted (yet).

I don't agree though with the notion about live courses being the better ones. First it all depends on the execution. Second thing to consider is the intended audience. We are making courses for a global audience scatterer around 24 time zones. Some of them have jobs, are in school, have families to take care of,...
I'm not against live courses. If the course creator is willing to execute them, great! Myself I'm planning to focus on developing asynchronous courses and building a 'community of practice' around them.

I'd like to work on (and promote) synchronous courses.
But any asynchronous courses would be great too (including yours).
Again, let's be inclusive as much as possible, because we can't afford to be exclusive (at least not yet).

Regards,
Mitja