Re: Problem to activate braille support with Gnopernicus

Mario Lang <mlang@debian.org> writes:

> Nath <nath.ml@free.fr> writes:
>
>> I have installed gnome 2.4 on my Debian box with gnopernicus and BRLTTY
>> .deb packages. After, I initialised the following keys using gconftool-2
>> :
>>
>> gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/gnopernicus/srcore/br_active true
>>
>> gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/gnopernicus/braille/device BRLTTY
>>
>> In gnopernicus I indicate that the number of the graphic console is 7
>> and I generate the file /etc/brltty/brlapi-key.
>
> First of all, /etc/brlapi-key is generated automatically when brltty is installed,
> so you probably dont need to do that manually.

Yes, true ! the file has been generated.
> Secondly, the GUI of Gnopernicus is bogus when it comes to BRLTTY
> support.  The graphical console number you changed does not
> affect anything.  You need to set the CONTROLVT environment variable, just as
> you do for the DISPLAY variable, before you start gnopernicus.
> So, something like:
>
> export CONTROLVT=7
>
> should do the trick.
>
> (I should probably file a bugreport about this in GNOME bugzilla).

I made this change too but always the same problem, no braille support !
Others things I tried :
-made a link between /etc/brlapi-key and /etc/brltty/brlapi-key because
in the gnopernicus explanations found in the brltty package it is
indicated that the brlapi-key must be in /etc/brltty
- add the user nath to the dialout group in order that nath can be able
to access the /dev/ttyS0 device

Below the error gnopernicus returns :

error opening brlapi connection
brl_open_device: open device failed
** BRAILLE initialization failed for BRLTTY on port 1

I don't understand what can cause the problem. did I forget to do
something else ? Thx,

--
Nath