Re: debin startup disks with brltty 3.3.1 for unstable

Andor Demarteau <andor@nl.linux.org> writes:

> well thsoe seem to work nicely.
This is good to hear!

> I personally like the change in interface to a readline-style.

The readline-style interface is the so-called
cdebconf-text module.  It was originally only written for
testing purposes, but I figured it makes more sense for
braille/speech based review software to use
a that, instead of a dialog/newt/slang driven interface.

> Is it possible to load the access-image.img fromthe prompt of a booting
> cdrom?

Not that I know of.  OTOH, now that the framebuffer
problems were addressed in Debian Installer, it is maybe
time to add brltty back into the cdrom package list.
My main problem in this area is that I do not own a
CD-burner, and therefore have quite a hard time testing
CD-based installers.

> If so, taht would be helpfull as the darned floopy-install even including
> the net_driver-stuff doesn't hold my network-driver (3c905 fro 3com),
> darned cause that's a quite common card IMHO
This is strange.  I vaguely remember I also used
a 3c905 (vortex).

> I'd still be interested in brltyy-enabled woody-disks as I would really
> like to install stable.
As you have already discovered, a method for
creating your own Woody-based floppies is documented.

> Any quick response would be appriciated.

Time is money.

--
CYa,