Re: [BRLTTY] brltty deb update give still a eternal still unresolved problem

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Mario Lang, le Tue 19 Dec 2006 13:29:25 +0100, a écrit :
>> Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson <jbsn@aapt.net.au> writes:
>>
>> > Am I missing something here? In my Etch installation brltty is started
>> > in grub.
>>
>> I can imagine how one would start b rltty in the initramfs image,
>> but I never saw anyone start brltty in grub.  What configuration
>> did you do on your system that makes you believe brltty
>> is started in grub?
>
> I think he is referring to the fact that currently, when one runs the
> debian installer with
>
> install brltty=xy,ttyS0,lang
>
> The brltty=xy,ttyS0,lang parameter is recorded in the kopt parameter of
> grub.  I asked you in a previous mail if you agreed that this shouldn't
> happen.

Oh, I must have overlooked that mail, sorry.

Yes, I agree this should not happen.  If we ever add initramfs-tools
support to brltty (I'd like to try when 3.8 gets released), /etc/brltty.conf
should be copied into the initramfs instead of using the kernel parameter hack
for configuration.  Besides, having brltty= in menu.lst is definitely
misleading and confuses users.  Even more problematic, the setting doesn't
have any effect after installation, so changing it will not work as
"expected".

Do you know where we need to patch to get this kopt arg filtered?

--
CYa,
  Mario