Re: Activation of Speech Dispatcher under squeeze

Hi.  No, all I get is silence trying to play a wav file with paplay.
Looks like that might be the issue.
I installed pavucontrol, but it says there are no devices.

I don't want to use a .asoundrc.  I will not for any reason break my alsa output.
If pulseaudio can't get along with my other apps running
alsa, then time to switch speech-dispatcher to alsa for output.
I stopped running Ubuntu because of pulseaudio.  I will not allow pulseaudio to break my access to Debian as well!

          Kenny