Re: gdm3 issues

Le vendredi 11 février 2011 à 18:56 +0100, Odd Martin Baanrud a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Maybe this is not the right place for my question, but I take the
> chance, since it is braille related.
>
> I've installed Debian Squeeze on my desktop machine.
> I selected "Desktop environment" in Tasksel.
> I used BRLTTY durring install.
> The install process went just fine, but after reboot, my braille
> display behaved crazy.
> The text "screen not in text mode" flashed the display, and I was
> unable to stop it.
> Nothing worked.
> I ccouldn't switch to a text console, kill X with ctrl+alt+backspace,
> or nothing else.
>
> To get the system started at all, I chmoded the gdm init script to -x.
>
> Anyone who has a solution for this?
So I assume brltty-x11 is installed. If it is, did you try:
su -s /bin/sh -c "gconftool-2 --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_reader_enabled true" Debian-gdm

to have at least speech synthetiser if not immediately braille?

You also could try uninstall gdm and try login in console, then do startx. Finally, try with a new user to see if it behaves at the same way.

Regards,

> Regards, Martin

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL