Re: BRLTTY Braille driver auto

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> writes:

> Mario Lang, le Wed 08 Jul 2015 19:14:36 +0200, a écrit :
>> Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> writes:

>> > Check the end of the file, the installer puts additional lines there.
>>
>> Should we consider writing to /etc/xdg/brltty/brltty.conf in the future?
>
> I was thinking about it when you mentioned it earlier, but that'd
> probably be hiding it even more :/

Yes, BUT, modifying /etc/brltty.conf will trigger override questions on
package upgrade.  I am not sure whats worse, but having to merge changes
manually into /etc/brltty.conf from a diff presented by dpkg is quite a
no go, me thinks.  Either you reject the changes, and possibly miss
useful additions to /etc/brltty.conf, or you do the manual merge, which
is rather error-prone in some cases.  Worst case is that you accept the
changes without manually caring, which will readily dump the
configuration acquired by d-i.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕