Re: Strange issue with brltty

Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer@ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Hi Mario, thanks a lot for your response.
>
> Mario Lang (2015/08/21 11:44 +0200):
>> Do you have START_IN_INITRAMFS enabled?
>
> I don't think so since /etc/default/brltty contains this line:
> START_IN_INITRAMFS=false
>
> It is worth mentionning that, on the system where the problem occurs,
> /var is on its own partition. Is it possible that brltty is started by
> systemd before /var is mounted?

That is a possibiliy, yes.  I personally didn't configure any of my
systems to have /var on a separate partition since a long time, so I
wouldn't have noticed.  Thanks for reporting.  I am not very up-to-date
on systemd, so this will need a bit of investigation.
If anyone knows how to set a dependency on a particular mount-oint in a
systemd service file, please speak up.

> That would explain why the brltty.prefs under /var is not found and it
> is known that in this situation the one under /etc is tried.

Indeed.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕