Enabling accessibility stack by default in Qt4/Qt5

Hello,

As discussed at DebConf [1,2,3], we would like to make the accessibility
stack enabled by default, so that all a user who needs it has to do is
just to start orca (while at the moment she has to find an option in
the control panel, and logout/login again, thus closing all running
applications...).

For Qt4, this is implemented in the qt-at-spi package, which has been
developped mostly between 2009 and 2013.  There doesn't seem to be much
activity there since early 2013.

For Qt5, this is implemented directly in the Qt core, and seems to be
actively maintained and improved.

So it seems safer to enable accessibility in Qt5 than in Qt4, but for
now it seems to me that most Debian applications are still using Qt4,
so people will mostly need Qt4 accessibility.  Considering that we
are just at the beginning of the Stretch development, perhaps we can
try to enable accessibility by default in both Qt4 and Qt5, see how
well this goes, and at worse not enable it by default for Qt4 if the
possibly-revealed bugs become really not solvable?

The way I see it is simply by making the at-spi2-core package define
QT_ACCESSIBILITY (for Qt4) and QT_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY_ALWAYS_ON (for
Qt5) to 1 from a script in /etc/X11/Xsession.d.

Is it OK with Qt people?

Samuel

[1] https://summit.debconf.org/debconf15/meeting/290/thanks-for-maintaining-a-desktop-environment-but-is-it-accessible/
[2] http://brl.thefreecat.org/2015-08-22-debconf.pdf