Freeze of the tty

Hi all

I'm experiencing an issue where I'm not sure how to debug it. I'm usually
working on console 1. Every now and then I'm changing to another tty using
Alt+F<num>, most frequently to change to an X session or to a nspawn container.

When I press Alt+F<num>, the whole system locks. I can still use the keys of my
braille display to navigate the screen, but the system does not respond to key
presses otherwise. After roughly 30 seconds, the change to the tty happens and
everything is back to normal, despite doubled characters every now and then.

I first started an older instance of BRLTTY to verify that it wasn't a keyboard
driver bug of BRLTTY, but the problem persisted. Then I changed back from Linux
4.8 to 4.7 (Debian Testing) and the problem was gone.
At this stage I'm unsure how to proceed. How can I get more information, to
submit a useful bug report?
Does anybody use the TTY full-time and has a similar issue? Might it be, that
the subscription to all key events by BRLTTY is the cause?

Thanks
Sebastian
--
Web: http://www.crustulus.de (English|Deutsch)  | Blog: http://www.crustulus.de/blog