Re: your mail

Hi Adrian

Adrian Orjales schrieb am 08.12.2018, 10:15 +0100:
>I am spanish, so sorry for my bad english...😉
No need to apologize. A lot of us are non-native :).

>i am blind, and I have installed debian using the onboot install with speak
>synthesis option. Doing that, when the installation success, i am not able
>to use any screen reader on graphical interface, but Espeakup and brltty
>are not affected by this.
Espeakup/Speechd-up are using the Linux-internal ALSA sound system. The
graphical interface uses the high-level Pulse sound system which exclusively
locks the underlying ALSA device. So by default, you have sound either on the
GUI or console. There are multiple ways around it. If you are using speech and
braille, you might want to switch from Speakup to BRLTTY and configure it to
also emit speech. Personally, I am quite happy with its speech screen reading
capabilities.
If you are using BRLTTY, you have two options:

1.  You run pulse as root, described here:
    https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility#Run_Pulseaudio_as_root

    This means that both the GUI and BRLTTY can share the pulse sound server and
    hence both can emit sound. You need to configure BRLTTY to use this root
    pulse instance.
2.  You disable pulse audio completely, which is easier but has its drawbacks
    and not all applications respect this. If you want to experiment with this
    option, have a look here:
    https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility#Disable_Pulseaudio

Maybe other list members know another option that I am not aware of.
Please let us know if you need more details.

Cheers
Sebastian