Re: Questions about using orca in debian

Le 20/02/2020 à 21:37, Всеволод Попов a écrit :
Hello everyone!
As I said in one of my previous messages I am an absolute beginner in using linux operating system. I decided to choose debian because as far as I know everything is better with accessibility of it than in another distros.
So I installed it to my laptop and I have these questions:
How can I know if the version of orca is the latest one or not?

Typing, in a terminal, apt-cache show orca. Or visiting tracker.debian.org/orca. Actually the situation is simple: if you instaled Debian 10, you will have orca 3.30. Not the latest, but no problem, as usable with the Debian desktop environment

How can I change the voice in eSpeak NG? I didn't find a way how I can do it.

What do you want? Another voice than Espeak or a variant in Espeak?

Also, as far as I understood the process of using  orca is really similar to screen readers on another systems.

Yes, shortcuts are close to NVDA I would say.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone