Should we save florence ( extensible and scalable virtual keyboard for X) ?

Hi accessibility team,

Ref: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/florence

I decided to write to you because I contacted the package maintainer of florence and this user is not doing any Debian anymore. Given that the package has already missed one Debian version, it will miss another one.
It's not upstream maintained, and most probably there is alternatives.

Should I file a FTP RM or should it be saved by someone that wants it to be adopted right away ?

PS: Ubuntu has a wiki page for florence.

--
William Desportes