Re: What's the most Accessible Linux VM Server Platform?

On 7/9/23 18:21, Al Puzzuoli wrote:
Thanks,

I’ll start with KVM. I believe Proxmox is basically a web layer for KVM anyway so best to gain at least some familiarity with KVM before ever touching Proxmox I think.
 > I’m looking to run a mix of containers and virtual machines. I’ll
likely end up containerizing  many services such as Pihole and plex, but
I’m not sure it makes sense to containerize other things, such as
Windows domain controllers, etc.

Look online on when to use microservices or VMS!

With 'virsh', you can do among other things, LXC containers and full
virtualisation.

I'm not using VNC at all but it's possible to install a distro with
serial redirection (console mode) or graphical mode! :)

Note that graphical mode would require a accessible installer like the
one in Debian.

Docker/Podman are perfectly accessible via the command line! ;^)

P.S.

This question was already asked a while back you might also have
insperation there! :)

--
John Doe