installing Debian

Hello All
I'm trying to reinstall Debian onto my Asus that only has 4 GB internal storage.
So there was not enough space to install Bookworm.
I have a CD installer that I downloaded and used to install it onto an  external SD card on that computer a few months back.
Now while installing on the Asus, I'm at the point in the installer that it wants the mirror for the repository.
I select US and then I've tried both the FTP and the HTTP options and neither work.
I've tried it with and without the Ethernet cable attached, because I successfully connected to my WIFI at the beginning of the install.
So I've been looking on-line and found a lot of entries for the sources.list file, but nothing for this part of the installer.
I am wondering if it is because the version I'm installing from is 12.something and now I think Bookworm might be using 12.4.
But it tells me I can edit the sources.list in console 4, but I don't know how to get to that in the installer.
If I could skip this part, I would, and just add a sources.list file later.
I've tried to SSH into it, but that may not be possible during the install.
Or alternatively, does anyone know how I can skip this step for now?
It only wants bo back up using escape to the country selection for the repository.

Thanks

Glenn

A man with a clock always knows what time it is.
A man with two clocks is never sure.
-- A derivative of Segal's law