Re: best way to change speakup defaults in debian automatically when the system boots into console mode

Well Geoff, I wonder if speakupconf only has an affect on software speech? Anyway, as I have mentioned in multiple lists since 2003, I have a DecTalk USB, similar to an Express. The settings in dectlk.c are not what I want. While reading, scrolling, or booting, the rate drops from my prefered 229 to 180, volume drops from 86 to maybe 70, and pitch from 111 down to 81. After these rates drop, I must go to the speakup control-pannel-and-jossle the settings by 1 click, so they are back where I set them. However, there are times this will happen twice in 30seconds. I think at 1 point Samuel was thinking this had to do with caps-start or stop? I thought of making a recording of this trouble, but haven't done that yet. I also explored trying Fenrir on this machine, but since spd-say needs to run Fenrir as root, I get no sound, but spd-say works as user. After all, I have Voxin voices such as Allison. I hope that best explains whats still going on.
Chime