easiest way to run a qcow2 image purely in the text console

Hi, I am trying to test out some qcow2 images I have downloaded like from the fedora project and there is no documentation anywhere on how to use kvm with the -curses option as kvm tells me that that option does not exist so to properly on a x64 system how would I go about launching this qcow2 image in a pure text mode so that speakup will work with it on my debian system and that hopefully the sound card will work? Nick Gawronski