Re: RFS: rocblas/5.3.3+dfsg-2 -- ROCm library for basic linear algebra

Hi Cory,

On 2023-06-04 01:08, Cordell Bloor wrote:
> I think rocblas is ready to move to unstable. We are not able to fully
> test this library with our current available resources, as it contains
> many unique code paths for each GPU architecture. This makes rocblas far
> more likely than the average ROCm library to have bugs that are
> hardware-specific.
>
> The library passes the full test suite on my RX 6750 XT (Navi 22) with
> rocr-runtime 5.2.3-4~exp1 and rocm-hipamd 5.2.3-10~exp1 installed [1],
> and I would expect the same on Navi 21 GPUs without the need for those
> experimental packages.
>
> On my Radeon VII (Vega 20), there are a few hundred test failures (of
> over a million total tests). This is clearly not ideal and I will be
> filing a bug report, but I think the value in making rocblas available
> for Navi 21 users outweighs the harm caused by shipping with a known
> bug. While a few hundred failures is a lot, it only represents a couple
> corner cases in the overall library functionality.

Uploaded. By the way, you already have upload rights for rocblas, so
there is no need for an RFS (but it's always fine to ask for a review).

I rebuilt on my RX 6800 XT, but without the two packages from
experimental, and everything built fine. The 24 tests that failed last
time passed this time, I assume that's because of the added 0013 patch.

> [1]: I'm assuming my RFS for rocm-hipamd 5.2.3-10~exp1 should wait until
> rocm-hipamd 5.2.3-9 [2] has been uploaded.
> [2]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2023/05/msg00068.html

I'll do these right after the bookworm release, which is planned for
June 10th. I've caused some general confusion by doing stuff in unstable
during the freeze, so I'd prefer to just wait the extra week.

Best,
Christian