Re: rocBLAS on arm64 and ppc64el

On 7/27/23 19:41, Cordell Bloor wrote:
On 2023-07-17 21:22, M. Zhou wrote:
Can we patch the program to let it output something to screen in
some time interval (like 5 minutes). For buildd this is a
straightforward workaround for timeout.

I didn't know that was a possibility! Thanks for the heads up. [...]
In my next rocBLAS upload, I will add the --verbose flag to the clang build options for this file. That way, clang will print a message upon beginning the compilation of each offload architecture. That should result in eight messages spaced roughly equally apart during the build of Kernels.cpp, which might be enough to prevent a timeout.

That worked! rocblas 5.5.1+dfsg-2 built successfully for arm64 and ppc64el. It does look like the arm64 build was close to timing out, but it finished.

Sincerely,
Cory Bloor