Re: Navi 12 on Debian (was: August ROCm Package Testing Results)

I'm just about to start preparing Navi 10/12/14 for the Debian CI, so I finally got around to reporting that Navi 12 bug [2].

On 2023-08-31 08:05, Christian Kastner wrote:
I've been meaning to initiate a discussion on how to best deal with test
failures. For example, rocsparse [1] fails one test on gfx1034, with a
result that ever so slightly exceeded the specified tolerance.

IMO, true failures should get a Debian bug report and be forwarded upstream (even if they're minor). The upstream project might reject the bug for being an unsupported configuration, but it's good to give the developers a heads-up and to have a record of it on the upstream repo's issue list.