Re: ROCm CI: Now also triggering on dependency changes

On 2023-11-22 12:54, Christian Kastner wrote:
> It is also possible to trigger on arbitrary package changes. For
> example, all our packages trigger on changes to linux-signed-amd64,
> because neither of our packages formally depends on it, but its amdgpu
> driver can have an effect on them.

Well, this won't work as-is. We may correctly detect a kernel change
like this and trigger a test, but the new kernel won't be active until
the VM image gets rebuilt (which happens daily).

Two possible solutions come to mind:
 (1) Monitor linux-signed-amd64 separately, and rebuild an image as soo
     a change is detected
 (2) Use the reboot feature of autopkgtest.

(2) is the clean and obvious solution, but implementing that would
restrict tests to QEMU VMs, I think.

(1) is a quick hat that shouldn't be too much work. But it would be
racy, and it wouldn't work for experimental, and the latter is kind of a
deal-breaker for me.