Re: LXC Debian CI Workers

Hey Cory,

On 2023-11-24 01:17, Cordell Bloor wrote:
> I was wondering what barriers exist to adding LXC-based workers for the
> ROCm Team's CI? I suspect that is the fastest way to get basic testing
> of the userspace components for gfx803, gfx906, gfx908, gfx1010,
> gfx1012, gfx1033, and gfx1035.

Incidentally, I created [1] yesterday, which summarizes the challenges.

The first bullet regarding /dev/{dri,kfd} should be trivial. The third
bullet regarding the is just a bit of work on the scheduler side, and
some operational agreement among worker operators.

The second issue is a bit of a challenge in the context of exporting
dmesg and firmware info as artifacts [2], as I've prototyped today with
the hipsolver upload.

All doable with some experimentation. It make take me a while though as
I don't have experience with LXC yet, so if anyone knowledgeable wants
to do this faster, feel free to grab [1].

Best,
Christian

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocm-team-infra/-/issues/11
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocm-team-infra/-/issues/6