Re: RFS: rocalution/5.7.1-1 [ITP] -- ROCm library for iterative sparse solvers

Hi Kari,

On 2024-02-17 02:04, Kari Pahula wrote:
I guess this is a question what prior knowledge is reasonable to
expect from the audience looking into the package.  If it's expected
that they have some level of knowledge then it's fine to just leave it
aside.  The same way how no C library describes what the C programming
language is.

In my case I didn't really know about this library's use case so I had
to go searching for any example to use on it.

I think it is probably reasonable to assume that rocalution users are familiar with mtx files. The four most common formats for sparse matrix files that I encounter are MATLAB (*.mat), Harwell-Boeing / Rutherford-Boeing (*.hb, *.rb), and Matrix Market (*.mtx).

If we can find find some good matrix files that we can redistribute, we could package and suggest them.

Sincerely,
Cory Bloor