Problems with new scsi card on multia

Hi

  I have one of the multias (VM 40) that thelinuxstore gave away
several months ago. It came with a scsi card but no external
connections to it. I have used the card by opening up an external scsi
disk case and connecting the disk to the multia, the disk's power
being supplied by the disk case's power supply.

  Lately I went shopping for the necessary connectors and it turned
out that I would have had to shell out about $50 USD to be able to
connect my existing scsi card to the external disk. So I decided
instead to purchase a card from Starship Computers. I just installed
the card and NOTHING seems to work. I turn on the computer and the
NumLock CapsLock ScrollLock LED's on the keyboard blink once and
that's all that happens. The monitor remains as if the computer was
turned off.

  Has anyone experienced a similar situation before ??

  Are there any jumper settings I must change ??

  Perhaps it's just that I got a faulty card...

     Thanks

        Arturo.