Re: openldap on alpha

On 8 Jun 2000, David Huggins-Daines wrote:

> Worse than that, this is also a memory corruption bug (see #63185).
> BenC: should I raise the severity to Important?

In my unprofessional opinion, I would say that it should be increased.
Under any load openldap might as well not work with this as a problem.
There was a stable release on 5/15 and this bug has been around for longer
then that, so it seems as if it has be disregarded.  I'm not sure how this
works when the problem seems to be upstream though.

> Don't bother tracking this, as I've already submitted a patch.  In the
> future, the attached program (which gives you a shell from which any
> programs you run will die with SIGBUS immediately on unaligned traps)
> should prove useful.  (that is, if Gnus decides not to eat the
> attachment :P)

I'm not sure what release of 1.2.10 the patch was created from, but it
doesn't seem to apply to the latest stable or release, so I have not been
able to test it.  This leaves me in kind of an awkward position. =P
Suggestions?

Dan                              <dan@mid-hudson.com>
Network Systems Engineer          518.943.6600x3350