Re: rebuilding MILO images from source

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 12:49:57AM +0100, pmaydell@chiark.greenend.org.uk wrote:

> Hmm. I'm using MILO because when I used SRM I ran into a PALcode
> exception problem which somebody suggested was due to a
> hardware bug/interaction with SRM's palcode.

I'd like to hear a little more about this problem, and which version
of the SRM you were running at the time?

> Also, I'd much rather use PALcode for which I have the source...
> Any chance of Compaq giving us the SRM console source? :->

At the moment, unlikely for free.

Also, SRM consoles are built under VMS, IIRC... ;-}

Please, if you encounter problems with SRM, wer want to know about them.

Thanks.

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com