Problems with libc 2.0.6-0.5

Our Alpha now has 2.0.5c-0.1 installed, but that version
seems to have problems with some of the header files
(conflicting typedefs). I tried to install 2.0.6-0.5 from
mdorman.law.miami.edu (I think it was), but installing that
results in:

BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: rtld.c: 452: dl_main: Assertion
`i == npreloads' failed!

And after that, nothing works (gives the same error
message). The first time I tried this, the filesystem needed
a few iterations of e2fsck to become fixed (resulting in the
loss of a few files). The filesystem problem may have been
due to the fact that the system had been up for over a
month; we've had filesystem corruptions before that were
visible only after a reboot.

I'm still trying to get the system back up after the second
attempt at installing the new libc.