Re: How to boot single?

Thanks for the ultra-quick response!

I tried things like

boot sda3:vmlinux.gz root=/dev/sda3 single
boot sda3:vmlinux.gz single

at the MILO prompt, with and without double quotes around the boot
params.  I am not sure if they are required (it didn't seem to matter
either way).

There are already some environs defined, so if I just let it boot after
selecting "RedHat..." from the boot selection menu, I get as far as the
smbd hold-and-bail point.  I can see boot params actually passed as they
FLY by.

I guess I forgot to mention that so far anything I do results in the
boot process simply stopping at the running of smbd or before it with a
kernel panic.

I will try the "ro" param tomorrow... it is nearly 3am here, and work
calls tomorrow am... er, today...

-dh