Re: Kernel FP software completion

I hope this is what I think it is!  What has been missing for me to
use Linux/Alpha instead of DEC-Unix/Alpha is the floating point
problem.  Am I right in assuming that with this kernel correction,
that DEC-Unix floating point errors (allowed lets say with the
DEC-Unix FORTRAN compiler -fpe1 switch) will now work correctly under
Linux/Alpha?  Further, will this kernel ability allow one to not
utilize the -mieee switch on the g77 compiler and, hence, allow code
to run faster under Linux/Alpha?