Re: Building packages with fakeroot

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> > The basic troubles with fakeroot are that it does not catch lchown and
> > that it does not handle stat64 - I have patched it for both but for some
> > reason my stat64 patch causes kubrick to segfault (it has an evil libc)
>
> If you can tell me where to find it, I can test it out on two different
> glibc-2.1 Alphas, one of which has been giving me chown/lchown problems
> for an unknown reason.

~jgg/work/fakeroot-0.0 on faure

There are two controls at the top of libfakeroot.c, LCHOWN_SUPPORT and
STAT64_SUPPORT.

I know lchown works OK, but due to the sparc with 2.1 being nasty I could
not test the stat64 support. If you compile ls on a 2.1 machine it seems
to enable the large file support and generates stat64 calls that the old
fakeroot did not trap.

Jason