Re: Building packages with fakeroot

On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 12:59:10AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Bart Warmerdam wrote:
>
> > I would like to warn all those of us who upload packages using fakeroot. I
> > have a strong suspicion that fakeroot is not working reliable. There are three
> > packages already I uploaded where postinst scripts try to chown files to my
> > user instead of root.
>
> How do you mean? Can you give an example?

  Exerpt for postinst pam-apps

#!/bin/sh
# Automatically added by dh_suidregister
if command -v suidregister >/dev/null 2>&1 && [ -e /etc/suid.conf ]; then
        suidregister -s pam-apps /bin/login bartw root 04755
else
        chown bartw.root /bin/login
        chmod 04755 /bin/login

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------