glibc6.0 -> glibc6.1 - the story continues

Hi,

trying to update to the latest glibc6.1 I encountered some serious problems.
Some of you had this problems too - some solutions were posted by e.g Bart
Warmerdam. I followed this instructions, but I still cannot use my dpkg
anymore. Tracking down the problem I got the following:

- it's no problem to "ar x" the debian package

- still no problem to unzip the archives

- trying to untar them I get something like this:

tar: usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: Cannot lchown to uid 0 gid 0:
Function not implemented

Anyone here who can help me? I even tried to compile a tar from source
(hoping it would be a tar problem), but the error remains the same :-(

Thanks in advance,

Dirk

PS: could it be the clock battery if my multia remains to present 1970 as
the actual date?
--
Dirk Allard

BUGH Wuppertal - Polymere Materialien