Re: XFree86 on alpha & cirrus logic video?

> >I have a fixed frequency cirrus logic based video card in my Noname at
> >the moment.  Has anybody had any luck using this on Linux-alpha?
> >XFree86 doesn't seem to compile it in when I've tried.
>
> Hmm, as far as I can tell it got compiled into the SVGA xserver, so
> unless it is a strange video card the standard xserver-svga should
> work with it.
>
> What kind of video card is it? Which cirrus logic chipset
> is it using? Can you see the card with SuperProbe?

Cirrus Logic GD5480 (in the 5434 series according to the XFree docs).
I just installed a fresh Debian Alpha 2.0 system and the SVGA X server
prints out that it only has drivers for various MGA (Matrox) cards, a
TGA card and the S3 Virge card. <sigh>  I guess its time for me to dig
in and try and get the Cirrus Logic driver to compile (it doesn't by
default on the alpha) and see if I can make it work.

> Also, what happens when you try the normal xserver-svga? Could you
> post (or mail me) the output from it?

I've got it at home, I'll get to that this weekend.

Greg