Re: where did the binary-alpha material move to?

On Tue 28 Jul 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:

> According to Guy Maor,
>
> : Everything in sid is linked from slink.  sid is for architectures that
> : have yet to be released.  That way when it's time to release slink, I
> : don't have to the bandwidth-expensive move of binaries out of it.
>
> debian/dists/slink/main/binary-alpha is a symlink to
> debian/dists/sid/main/binary-alpha...
>
> So, apparently what used to be hamm/Alpha is now disappeared.

I've since discovered that packages that have architecture "all" (such
as the X11 fonts) are not being linked to the "sid" distributions
(including Alpha).  This basically means that at this time, you can't
use the ftp site to install or upgrade (and my diff to show which
packages don't exist in Alpha shows way too many packages).

I've sent Guy a note to look into this.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl